Town and Country Planning Act
The Act prior to amendment reflecting the merger with DEFA.
Secondary Legislation – historic
- The Town and Country Planning (Development Procedure) Order 2005
- The Control of Advertisements Regulations 2005
Review of the 2007 Strategic Plan
The 2007 Strategic Plan has been reviewed and updated. The Strategic Plan (2016) currently in-force can be viewed and downloaded from the webpage www.gov.im/strategicplanning
The key review documents are available to download below. For further information/documents please contact the Planning Policy Team.
- Strategic Plan Review Preliminary Publicity Consultation (Dec 2013)
- Preliminary Publicity - Comments and Department Repsonses (January 2015)
- Explanatory notes to support response table for Preliminary Publicity (Jan 2015)
- Strategic Plan - Schedule of Changes Proposed to 2007 Plan (Jan 2015)
- Strategic Plan - Draft Plan Consultation Document (Jan 2015)
- Draft Plan Consultation - Comments and Department Responses (July 2015)
- Schedule of Proposed Changes to Draft Plan 2015 (July 2015)
- The Inspector's Report (Nov 2015)
- Schedule of Post-Inquiry Modifications (Dec 2015)
- Schedule of Post-Inquiry Modifications - Comments and Departments Responses (Feb 2016)
Lower Douglas Master Plan – Interim Planning Guidance
Work on this project has now been completed, as the Interim Planning Guidance has been adopted by the Department.
- Summary of Responses on the Interim Policy Guidance for Key Town Centre Sites in Douglas – Final Consultation Version
- Interim Policy Guidance for Key Town Centre Sites in Douglas – Final Consultation Version – May 2012
- Interim Policy Guidance for Key Town Centre Sites in Douglas – Final Version – October 2012
Cooil Road Development Order
The Department of Infrastructure proposed making an Order under Section 8 of the Town & Country Planning Act 1999. The effect of the Order was to grant Planning Approval in Principle for the industrial development of approximately 47 acres of land which lies in the Parish of Braddan, immediately south of Cooil Road and east of Colooney’s Lane.
Following a series of consultations and revisions to the Order the Department arranged for a Public Inquiry in Autumn 2010.
The Inspector’s report was issued to the Department in December 2010 for consideration. The Department determined to accept the recommendation of the Inspector and did not proceed with the Order.
Available to download below is the Inspector’s report and the Department Covering letter to this. The Inspector’s report is available to view at the Planning Office, Murray House, Mount Havelock, Douglas IM1 2SF. Alternatively it can be purchased at a price of £10.50.
Previous Information issued on the Cooil Road Order
- Draft Cooil Road Order 2010
- Background Statement 2010
- Environmental Impact Assessment - non technical summary
- Economic Impact Study - Key findings and recommendations
- Town and Country Planning (Cooil Road) Order 2006
- Town and Country Planning (Cooil Road) Order - Explanatory Memo 2006
- Cooil Road Order (Map) 2006
Market Street Brief (Archived)
Work on this project has not been progressed.
- Market Street Study - Public Consultation Document
- Analysis Section 1
- Analysis Section 2
- Analysis Section 3
- Analysis Section 4
- Analysis Section 5
- Analysis Section 6
- Analysis Section 7
- Appendix 1
- Street Sections No.1
- Street Sections No.2
Planning Circulars/Standing Orders
- Standing Orders 2020/02
- Standing Orders 2020/01
- Standing Orders 2018/01
- Government Circular 01/06 - Determination of interested party status
- Government Cirulcar 46/13 - Determination of Interested person status
- Standing Orders for the Planning Committee 2016 3 Amended
- Standing Orders for the Planning Committee 2016 3
Cullen: Castletown May 1971 Report
- Cullen: Castletown Part 1 of 4
- Cullen: Castletown Part 2 of 4
- Cullen: Castletown Part 3 of 4
- Cullen: Castletown Part 4 of 4
Ballakilley, Bride Development Order
The Department of Infrastructure made an Order under Section 8 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1999, the effect of which granted planning approval in principle for the residential development of approximately 1.2 ha of land in Bride village. This Development Order was time limited and has expired.
The Department of Infrastructure made an Order under Section 8 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1999, the effect of which granted planning approval in principle for the residential development of approximately 1.2 ha of land in Bride village.
The site adjoins the south side of the village, stretching from Ballakilley Hill to the Lambhill Road, and is owned by the Department and would allow a maximum of 27 dwellings, at least 75% of which would be made available as affordable units or would be public-sector units. A new access would be provided through the public car-park to serve the majority of the dwellings.
Following a public consultation which finished in January 2011, a public Inquiry was held Thursday 22 September 2011 in Ramsey Town Hall to consider the responses made.
The Inspector’s report resulting from that Inquiry and copies of the Order and a Background Statement may be down-loaded (from the library)– link to library -, or are available from the Department’s public counter in Murray House.
- Town and Country Planning (Ballakilley, Bride) Development Order 2012
- Bride Village Development Order – Revised Feb 2012
- Explanatory Statement – Revised Bride Village Development Order
- Bride Development Order - Inspectors Report
- Draft Ballakilley, Bride Development Order 2011
- Background Statement - Bride Development Order
- Summary of Responses to the Consultation on the Bride Development Order
- News Release - Bride Development Order
The Area Plan for the South
The Area Plan for the South was approved by Tynwald in 2013 and can be viewed and downloaded from the webpage www.gov.im/taps
The key documents that informed the plan are available to download below. For further information/documents please contact the Planning Policy Team.
- Area Plan South - Issues and Options (July 2008)
- Area Plan South - Issues and Options (July 2008)
- Area Plan for the South - Modified Draft (January 2011)
- All Sites Map for Inquiry (July 2011)
- All Sites Table for Inquiry (July 2011)
- Inspector's Report (Feb 2012)
- Post-Inquiry Modifications Table (May 2012)
Publications and Guides
- Making a Planning Application
- Planning Enforcement Policy
- Commenting on planning applications
- Lawful Development Certificate
- Material Planning considerations
- Working from home
- Planning Committee - Public Speaking Scheme
- Pre-application Guidance for Customers
- Historic Building Photographic Surveys