The following application forms are available in the downloadable documents section.
- Planning Approval - The most common form for 'full' planning approval, 'change of use', 'reserved matters' or to 'vary the condition of a valid planning approval'.
- Minor Change to a Planning Approval – To make a change to a planning approval after it is been approved.
- Registered Building Consent - Application for works to a building which is on the Department's Protected Building Register.
- Certificate of Lawfulness - Application form for a certificate confirming that a long term development or use (without the appropriate planning approval) has been in place/ practice for considerable years (minimum of 4 for development 10 for a use) which can now be supported by evidence and proven/ deemed 'lawful'.
- Advertisement Consent - An application form for 'express' permission from the Department to display adverts.
- Telecommunications Prior Approval – deemed consent - Application as 'prior notification'.
- Planning Appeal - Form for appealing against a Planning, Registered Building or Advertisement decision of the Department. Please note that there are two forms – one for appeals lodges against decisions on planning applications lodged PRIOR to 1/1/2020 and another form for appeals on applications lodged AFTER 1/1/2020.
- Contributors Form – Optional Form for those wishing to comment on a planning, registered building or advertisement application. More information on commenting on planning applications.
- Building Control - Form to accompany plans for building regulation approval. More information on making a building control application.
- Building Regularisation Certificate - Application form seeking retrospective regularisation of a building work (where a building regulations application was not made at the appropriate time).
- Demolition - Application for a Demolition Notice under Building Regulations – this MUST be accompanied by a Demolition waste schedule. More information on demolitions.
Electronic Applications Service
For submission of applications in an electronic form please use the following option:
Please note that it is hoped that the ability to submit building control applications in an electronic form will follow shortly.
- Planning and Building Control Property Searches - Formal request for a search of the planning and/or building control databases to establish a property history