The following application forms are available in the downloadable documents section.
- Planning Approval - The most common form for 'full' planning approval, 'change of use', 'reserved matters' or to 'vary the condition of a valid planning approval'. More information.
- Minor Change to a Planning Approval – To make a change to a planning approval after it is been approved. More information.
- Registered Building Consent - Application for works to a building which is on the Department's Protected Building Register. More information.
- Certificate of Lawfulness - Application form for a certificate confirming that a long term development or use (without the appropriate planning approval) has been in place/ practice for considerable years (minimum of 4 for development 10 for a use) which can now be supported by evidence and proven/ deemed 'lawful'. More information.
- Advertisement Consent - An application form for 'express' permission from the Department to display adverts. More information.
- Telecommunications Prior Approval – deemed consent - Application as 'prior notification'. More information.
- Planning Appeal - Form for appealing against a Planning, Registered Building or Advertisement decision of the Department. Please note that there are two forms – one for appeals lodges against decisions on planning applications lodged PRIOR to 1/1/2020 and another form for appeals on applications lodged AFTER 1/1/2020. More information.
- Contributors Form – Optional Form for those wishing to comment on a planning, registered building or advertisement application. More information.
- Building Control - Form to accompany plans for building regulation approval. More information.
- Building Regularisation Certificate - Application form seeking retrospective regularisation of a building work (where a building regulations application was not made at the appropriate time). More information.
- Demolition - Application for a Demolition Notice under Building Regulations – this MUST be accompanied by a Demolition waste schedule. More information.
Electronic Applications Service
For submission of applications in an electronic form please use the following option:
Please note that it is hoped that the ability to submit building control applications in an electronic form will follow shortly.
- Planning and Building Control Property Searches - Formal request for a search of the planning and/or building control databases to establish a property history
- Planning Fees Order - applicable AFTER 1 April 2021.
- Building Control Fees Regulations 2019 - Current Fees Regulations relating to applications for building regulation approval.
Please note that whilst the 2019 Building Control Fees Regulations include the current Fees schedule, the body of the 2016 Regulations must be read in conjunction and remain relevant (downloadable on the right) - Thus both remain available.