uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Registered Building Consent

Where a building is protected by entry in the Departments protected buildings register, any development or works proposed to the building (external OR internal) must first be supported by Registered Building Consent. An application for such consent must be made on the appropriate form. Where the works proposed areinternalonly the application, its supporting plans and three complete copies must be provided to the Department (one copy is conveyed to Manx National Heritage).

Where the works proposed are external, whilst four copies the application form is required only three copies of the supporting plans and documents are needed, along with a separate and independent application for planning approval and its supporting plans. In this instance, only a copy of the Registered Building Consent application form will be conveyed to the Local Authority along with their planning application copy. 

An application for Registered Building Consent must also be supported by a land ownership statement – (certificate O3)

Did you find what you were looking for?
Back to top