How to Appeal
How to Appeal
Persons intending to appeal against a decision of the Planning Authority should consider the matter carefully before doing so. In particular they should thoroughly consider the Officer report and the reasons for refusal, or conditions of approval.
Although not obligatory should you wish to appeal you may use the form available from here.
The appeal should be sent to:
Isle of Man
+44 1624 685950
+44 1624 685875
For an appeal to be valid it must meet the following.
- Be received in writing, signed and validated within 21 days of the date of the planning decision notice
- be submitted by the applicant, their agent or an interested person, as defined by the Development Procedure Order - see www.gov.im/interestedperson
- Include the reasons for making the appeal.
- Be supported by payment of a planning appeal fee (as prescribed under Section 1(1) of the Fees Duties Act 1989) - Please refer to the current Fees Order at the bottom of the Application Forms page
- Include an election to have the appeal considered by inquiry or written representation
Failure to include ALL criteria will render an appeal invalid.
All parties (regardless as to status) will be notified where a valid appeal has been lodged. Should a party receive notice that an appeal has been lodged, and had powers and intention to submit their own, it is recommended that they still do so. An appellant can withdraw their appeal at any point prior to its determination. Please note that should an appeal be withdrawn there is no provision for a refund of the appeal fee.