Contact the Planning and Building Control team
For Planning, Building Control and Conservation
Department of Environment
Food and Agriculture
Isle of Man
+44 1624 685950
Public counter hours
Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 9am to 3pm.
Wednesday and Thursday: closed.
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm.
Friday: 9am to 4:30pm.
Building Control Officers
- Stewart McLaren (telephone: +44 1624 685899 / +44 7624 494710) is the building control officer for Arbory, Castletown, Malew, Port Erin, Port St Mary, Rushen and Santon
- Chris Hardisty (telephone: +44 1624 685746 / +44 7624 200337) is the building control officer for Andreas, Ballaugh, Bride, Lezayre, Maughold, Michael, Ramsey and Jurby
- Dallas Hutton (telephone: +44 1624 685164 / +44 7624 398281) is the building control officer for Baldwin, Braddan, Crosby, Laxey, Lonan, German, Marown, Patrick and Peel
- Douglas Corporation (telephone: +44 1624 696375) is the building control officer for Douglas
- Onchan District Commissioners (telephone: +44 1624 624967) is the building control officer for Onchan
- Susie Cooil (telephone: +44 1624 685902) and Silke Murphy (telephone: +44 1624 686446) are the administrators. You can also contact them via email@example.com
Planning Officers are responsible for dealing with Planning Applications.
It is often best to seek confirmation of whether or not something needs planning approval or pre-application advice in writing. This makes it easier to refer to in future and may avoid any misunderstandings. However, we do operate a 'Duty planner' service to deal with straightforward queries on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9am to 3pm. During these hours, a Planning Officer will be available to answer simple queries, and can be contacted online (via Teams - by prior arrangement), by phone (+44 1624 685950) or at the Murray House counter (please note we cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide a meeting room).
Telephone: +44 1624 685909
General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +44 1624 685950
Planning Policy falls under the remit of the Cabinet Office.
General enquiries email: PlanningPolicy@gov.im
Telephone: +44 1624 685905
The Department of Infrastructure Highway Services acts as the custodian of the Islands Mapping Service. Responsibilities include map survey, data licencing, GIS provision and commercial publications.
General enquiries email: email@example.com
Telephone: +44 1624 685924