Contact the Planning and Building Control team
For Planning, Building Control and Conservation
Department of Environment
Food and Agriculture
Isle of Man
+44 1624 685950
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm.
Friday: 9am to 4:30pm.
Public counter hours
Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 9am to 3pm.
Wednesday and Thursday: closed.
Duty Planner hours
Tuesday and Friday: 9am to 3pm.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: closed.
Building Control Officers
Building Control Officers cover the Island with exception to the Parishes of Douglas and Onchan.
- Chris Hardisty (telephone: +44 1624 685746) is the building control officer for Arbory, Castletown, Malew, Port Erin, Port St Mary, Rushen and Santon
- Dallas Hutton (telephone: +44 1624 685164) is the building control officer for Andreas, Ballaugh, Bride, Lezayre, Maughold, Michael, Ramsey and Jurby
- Stewart McLaren (telephone: +44 1624 685899) is the building control officer for Baldwin, Braddan, Crosby, Laxey, Lonan, German, Marown, Patrick and Peel
- Douglas Corporation (telephone: +44 1624 696375) is the building control officer for Douglas
- Onchan District Commissioners (telephone: +44 1624 624967) is the building control officer for Onchan
- Susie Cooil (telephone: +44 1624 685902) and Silke Murphy (telephone: +44 1624 686446) are the administrators. You can also contact them via email@example.com
Planning Officers are responsible for dealing with Planning Applications including pre-application advice and discharge of planning conditions. Please see Planning Officer areas for guidance as to where your query should be directed.
General enquires emails:
We also offer a Duty Planner service.
Telephone: +44 1624 685909
General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +44 1624 685950
Planning Policy falls under the remit of the Cabinet Office.
General enquiries email: PlanningPolicy@gov.im
Telephone: +44 1624 685905
The Department of Infrastructure Highway Services acts as the custodian of the Islands Mapping Service. Responsibilities include map survey, data licencing, GIS provision and commercial publications.
General enquiries email: email@example.com
Telephone: +44 1624 685924