Bradda Glen and Headland
Bradda became the Island's 18th national glen when it was passed from Port Erin Commissioners to the then Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry in 2009.
The short glen leads to Bradda Pavilion and onward to walks on Bradda Headland where remains of copper mine workings can be seen and, most notably, Milner’s Tower which stands in a commanding position looking out across the sea. The tower was completed in 1871 and was paid for by public subscription as a monument to William Milner, a significant benefactor in Port Erin, whose family had a company making fire resistant safes in Liverpool.
The headland is an excellent vantage point from which to observe marine life and there are magnificent views to the Calf of Man and, on a clear day, the Mountains of Mourne.
The glen is managed by the Forestry Amenity and Lands Directorate of the Department of Environment, Food and Agriculture.