|Offpeak admissions||Monday to Friday||7am to 5pm|
|Weekends||9am to 8pm*|
|Peak admissions||Monday to Friday||5pm to 10pm*|
* Please note our spa opens at 10:00 daily and closes 1 hour before the gym.
|Single entry prices||Gym Peak||Gym Offpeak||Spa Peak||Spa Offpeak|
|Resident card holders*||£5.90||£4.40||£4.40||£4.40|
|Without a Resident’s card||£6.90||£5.40||£4.40||£4.40|
*resident card must be produced to receive discount.
New Membership Packages now available.
About the Fitness Zone
The Fitness Zone provides a comprehensive range of cardiovascular and resistance equipment. The adjacent health suite has sauna cabins, steam room and a whirlpool spa (jacuzzi).
Prior to using the gym, all new visitors are required to attend an induction course to ensure that they are able to use the equipment safely. The induction courses are operated on a pre book and pay basis only, so please call the NSC reception team in advance to ask for the required session and they will arrange this for you.
Induction sessions are held every day at 11am and 1pm and take approximately 60 minutes to complete. If you wish to try the equipment during the induction please wear suitable clothing.
Customers are reminded that users must be aged 16 or over.
NSC Distance Challenge
From Monday 2 January 2017 the Fitness Zone at the NSC are running an ‘NSC Distance Challenge’, giving you a fitness goal to work towards and the opportunity to win 1 month’s membership, a t-shirt or other prizes. To enter all you have to do is:
- Step 1 - Choose either 50km or 120km.
- Step 2 - Using the NSC cardio machines complete your chosen distance within 1 month. Remember to use at least 3 different machines each week and record each visit on the NSC record sheet.
- Step 3 - When you’ve completed your distance an NSC Leisure Assistant will count up your kilometres and award you a prize.
Terms and Conditions:
- Closing date for entries is 29 January 2017. Entrants will have 1 month to complete the challenge. Winners will be notified 1 March 2017.
- There is no entry fee to enter this competition; however entrants must pay for use of the NSC Fitness Zone Gym. This can be either as part of their membership or as a resident discount card holder peak/off peak single use visitor.
- Entrants must be aged 16 or over.
- As with any physical activity, it is important that before beginning any fitness regime, you consult with your health care professional to ensure that you are mindful of your current health and any restrictions that are appropriate for you. You should immediately seek medical attention if there are any unanticipated changes to your physical condition at any time.
- Prior to using the gym, all new visitors are required to attend an induction course to ensure that they are able to use the equipment safely. The induction courses are operated on a pre-book and pay basis only, so please call the NSC reception team 688588 in advance to ask for the required session and they will arrange this for you.
- Those who are entered into the 120km challenge must complete the full distance and can’t be entered into the 50km. Those entered into the 50km are encouraged to continue on towards 120km.
- Staff will be checking admittance records on distance logs and computer systems to make sure they match.
- Entrants must use at least 3 pieces of cardio equipment each week. Cardio machines include: Treadmill, Bike, Rowing Machine, Cross Trainers and Arm Crank.
- First 50 customers that complete their entered distance will win a t-shirt and be entered into a draw for a number of spot prizes. No cash alternative for the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be the highest distance recorded for each male and female in the 50km and 120km category.
- Members of the National Sports Centre staff are allowed to enter a staff category but are not eligible for any of the member prizes.
- During busy periods please respect the maximum time limit (15mins).
- Only distances achieved in the Fitness Zone gym will be recognised for the purpose of this challenge