Covid-19 Coronavirus

Report a blocked drain

Highways drainage

The Department of Infrastructure's Highway Services Division is responsible for highway drainage. If you wish to report a problem telephone +44 1624 686665.

Surface and foul water drains

Pipes which carry foul or surface water from a property to the public sewer is the responsibility of the property owner.

Blocked gullies

Within the Borough of Douglas, contact the Corporation Cleansing Department, telephone +44 1624 675286.

Note: Owners, occupiers and tenants have a responsibility for the maintenance of ditches, culverts and land drains on their property. It is an offence to allow soil, debris or water to flow uncontrolled onto the highway.

Blocked drains and sewers

For anything relating to foul or surface water drainage please contact Manx Utilities. Further information on blockages is available on their website.

Back to top