Energy Efficiency Scheme
Save money, reduce emissions and become more energy efficient!
If you are looking to reduce your household bills and/or create a more energy efficient home the Isle of Man Government offer advice, support and incentives that could help.
Our homes are the largest carbon emissions contributor in the Isle of Man. The Government has committed to reaching net zero carbon emissions by 2050 and to do this we all need to make changes to the way we live.
Did you know:
- You could be eligible to up to £1,000 towards home improvements that make your home more energy efficient
- By switching to LED light bulbs can help up you save between £35 and £150 a year. View our LED Lighting Initiative to see if you are eligible for free LED bulbs
- Insulating your water tank can save you up to £50 a year.
- 25% of heat is lost through the roof of an uninsulated home. By insulating your loft, you could save over £200 a year.
- The recommended depth for loft insulation is 270mm. It is worth checking the depth as only a few years ago the recommended depth was much less.
Learn more about how you can help make your home more energy efficient using the tabs below For further information please contact the Energy Save team at DEFA.
You can also call us on +44 1624 685149.