Community Volunteers Wanted
Do you want to help make the Isle of Man safer by becoming a Community Volunteer for the Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service?
Making our community safer is something that everybody can help to do. We are looking for volunteers of any age, race, gender and any educational background; you just need to have a desire to help your local community. You could live in Andreas or Port St Mary, Peel or Onchan, wherever you are, we need your help.
What Community Volunteer can do
The work of the Fire & Rescue Service demands a huge amount of support, both behind the scenes and out in the community. That’s where you come in, as a Community Volunteer your role can greatly assist in helping to keep our Island safe.
- Assist with public enquiries on a dedicated Community Safety phone line.
- Carry out Home Safety Visits.
- Assist with administrative and communication support work.
- Assist with community fire safety initiatives.
- Work with other groups both inside and outside the Isle of Man Government.
Benefits for me
Not only will the Fire & Rescue Service and your local community benefit from your help, being a Community Volunteer will also be of benefit to you as an individual.
- Learn new skills and gain valuable experience.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Know that you are helping to make your community a safer place.
- Make a difference every day.
- Interact with other agencies on behalf of the Fire and Rescue Service.
If you would like to assist us in keeping the Island safe and contribute to making your community a better place to live, you can obtain an information pack by contacting;
Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service
Homefield 88 Woodbourne Road
Douglas Isle of Man IM2 3AP
+44 1624 647303
For general enquiries contact;
Department of Home Affairs Headquarters
+44 1624 647300 or +44 1624 647303