Workshops and Training
The Island’s Workplace Wellbeing Group is a public-private partnership led by the Department of Health and Social Care’s Public Health Directorate and the Isle of Man Chamber of Commerce.
This group continues to promote a key objective of the Programme for Government’s Healthy and Safe Island theme – focusing on the prevention of issues through encouraging people to take greater responsibility for their own health and make good lifestyle choices.
Workplace Wellbeing Workshop – 2018
The Workplace Wellbeing Workshop for 2018 is currently in the planning phase – please check back later in the year for more information.
Workplace Wellbeing Workshop – 2017
Wednesday, 22 November 2017 – The Sefton Hotel
Working your way to better health: A further insight into improving Workplace Wellbeing
2017 was our most successful event yet – taking place at the Sefton Hotel in Douglas and attended by over 80 delegates from organisations around the Island.
Topics from 2017 included:
- The current health profile of the working-age population in the Isle of Man
- Personal resilience and stress management
- Health, age and the workforce
- An update on the Equality Act
- Wellbeing and the manual worker
- Winners of the Awards for Excellence 'Workplace Wellbeing' category
Workplace Wellbeing Workshop – 2016
Thursday, 1 December 2016 - Keyll Darree, Noble’s Hospital
2016 was the first year of the Workplace Wellbeing Workshop.
Key speakers included:
- Liz Preece: The healthy worker – setting a wellbeing strategy
- Gary Hogman: An introduction to resilience
- Mike Kewley: An introduction to mindfulness
- Panel Debate: In conversation: making wellbeing work
- Panel: Jamie Teare (clinical psychologist), Dave Edwards (Wellbeing lead Barclays UK), Leila Ashton (HR at Microgaming IOM), Dr Ephra Crofts (Occupational Health Consultant)
- Michelle Poyzer & Helen Bridson: Launch of the workplace wellbeing toolkit
To find out more email Workplace Wellbeing at firstname.lastname@example.org