Medical Wards, Coronary Care and Acute Medical Unit
This team covers the Medical Wards including Wards 8 and 9 in addition to the Coronary Care Unit (ward 18) and Acute Medical Unit (ward 6). The main aim of the team is to promote mobility and independence for patients, and help to prevent further deterioration during their stay. This may include:
- Assessment and provision of walking aids
- Regular supervised exercise
- Liaison with Social Care Services
- Onward referrals to Community services to enable successful discharge
- Advice on management of long-term cardiac and respiratory conditions
- Treatment of acute respiratory conditions
Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 4.30pm
+44 1624 650200
An emergency on-call respiratory support service runs 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.
Wards 6, 8, 9 and CCU
Isle of Man
How to access
Referral to long term oxygen clinic is completed by consultant or physiotherapist.
Any patient on the Wards can request review by the physiotherapist, but many will be referred by the nursing or medical teams if they appear to be at risk of falls.