The Children’s Therapy Service provides specific interventions to children of a pre-school age who have a developmental delay due to a variety of conditions/diagnosis. We work with children in many different settings based on their assessed needs.
These settings include:
- Clinic at Community Health Centre
- Pre-school Assessment Centre
Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 4.30pm
We do not offer an out of hours' service.
The Children's Therapy team are based at the Community Health Centre (CHC) our location is:
Children's Therapy Service
Isle of Man
The main office can be located via the main entrance off Westmoreland Road, please follow the Children's Therapy monkey logo to locate the department.
How to access
A child needs a referral from a medical professional, allied health professional or an educational professional to access the service. Suitable referrals are prioritised and depending on need there may be a slight waiting time according to their priority.
Young children attending this service may present with various conditions or difficulties such as:
- Neuromuscular disorders e.g. Myotonic Dystrophy, Muscular Dystrophy
- Neurological conditions e.g. Cerebral palsy, head injuries, Spina Bifida
- Developmental delay
- Metabolic Disorders e.g. Batten Disease, Phenylketonuria (PKU)
- Genetic/Congenital syndromes e.g. Down’s Syndrome, Osteogenesis Imperfecta