Orthopaedics - Ward 11 and 12
The orthopaedic occupational therapy service is for patients who are admitted to Noble's Hospital for:
- planned knee and hip replacement surgery
- patients who are admitted following an accident or injury.
After your surgery, if you are admitted to the ward and there are concerns about your ability to manage your everyday activities, we can:
- assess activities of daily living
- provide perceptual and cognitive testing
- provide inpatient treatment programmes
- assess for and provide aids to daily living
- undertake a range of visits to the home environment
- before an operation for elective orthopaedic surgery
- prior to discharge
- post discharge follow up visit
- refer to other services and agencies
We will also help identify problems that may limit your daily activities and assist you in finding solutions to ensure you can return to your normal activities, be independent and have a safe discharge home.
If you are due to have elective surgery you will normally be referred and seen in your home environment prior to admission.
Monday to Friday - 8am to 4.30pm
+44 1624 650684
Isle of Man
How to access
Patients admitted for orthopaedic intervention requiring occupational therapy will be referred by ward staff as required.