Community Occupational Therapy
Visits are undertaken by the Community Adult Therapy Service (CATS team). We will visit you where you live or at your workplace.
You (or your GP, healthcare professional, carer or relative) can submit your details online and we will review your condition and contact you.
We can provide the following services
- Assessment of an individual's function and mobility.
- Environmental assessment and modification of both internal and external environments.
- Individual rehabilitation programmes (e.g. those recovering from a brain injury or a stroke).
- Equipment to promote independence in daily living tasks.
- Health promotion - advice and support
- Self care education programmes
- Work environment assessment
- Fitness to drive assessments
- Advice on chronic fatigue
- Re-housing assessments
- Independent living centre - advice on equipment
- Assessments of complex equipment and housing adaptations
- Advice for carers (e.g. moving and handling issues)
- Specialist static seating.
What the service cannot provide
- A rapid response service - patients cannot be seen on the day of referral.
- Wheelchairs and scooters.
- Beds, hoists, pressure mattresses or pressure cushions for wheelchairs.
- We are unable to provide a service to an individual under the age of 16 years who is in full time education.
- Riser-recliner chairs.
- Basic equipment for daily living in nursing or residential homes.
- Cover for orthapaedic referrals for Occupational Therapy. This service is provided by Trauma and Orthopaedic team at Noble's Hospital (telephone: +44 1624 650684 - answer phone).
Please use the button below to submit your self referral.
If you have any queries, please contact:
Community Health Centre
+44 1624 642511