Independent Living Centre
Equipped for living – working with you to make the right choices about equipment.
There are over 20,000 products on the market designed to assist older and disabled people. If you need equipment to help you stay independent – how do you make the right choice?
The Independent Living Centre ('ILC') opened on the 22 August 2011 and offers specialists information and impartial professional advice about daily living products to enable older and disabled people to make informed decisions about the products they may wish to use.
The ILC provides people with the opportunity to see and try a vast range of products. These include bed, bathroom and kitchen equipment. We also have stair lifts, moving and handling equipment and demonstration accessible showers.
The Independent Living Centre aims to provide:
- easy access for members of the public to free, impartial information and advice on equipment and adaptations
- assessment for appropriate equipment provided by skilled staff
- a permanent exhibition of a representative and specialist range of products
- a resource centre providing information on local organisations, charities and support groups
- a resource centre for training and education
Appointments will be with one of our Occupational Therapists. We will discuss your needs with you, demonstrate equipment so you can be sure it's right for you.
We do not sell equipment, but we do have information on national, local and mail-order retailers.
The centre is open for you to drop in (no appointment required) on Wednesdays from 10am until 2.30pm. For enquiries outside of the drop in time, please call: +44 1624 642561 or email: email@example.com
Community Health Centre
Isle of Man
+44 1624 642561
+44 1624 642783