We can provide the following services
- Assessment of an individual's function and mobility.
- Environmental assessment and modification of both internal and external environments.
- Individual rehabilitation programmes (e.g. for those recovering from brain injury or a stroke).
- Equipment to promote independance in daily living tasks.
- Individual exercies programmes.
- Health promotion - advice and support.
- Work environment assessments.
- Fitness to drive assessments.
- Re-housing assessments.
- Independent living centre - advice on equipment.
- Assessments for complex equipement and housing adaptations.
- Specialist disability advice for external agencies.
- Advice for carers (e.g. moving and handling issues).
- Physiotherapy assessment and review for patients with long term conditions where acute changes have occurred and short-term intervention is necessary.
What the service cannot provide
- A physiotherapy home visit if you are able to attend outpatient services.
- An immediate response to an acute episode. In these instances seek advice from your GP, MEDS, or A&E.
- A service to an individual under the age of 16 years who is in full time education.
- Wheelchairs and scooters.
- Beds, hoists, pressure mattresses or pressure cushions for static seats.
- An immediate response to individuals returning to the Isle of Man from UK hospitals, without a referral from an appropriate medical team.
- Riser-recliner chairs.
- Basic equipment for daily living in nursing or residential homes (e.g. bed or chair raisers).
- Ongoing physiotherapy input for long term conditions.
If you can't come to us because you have mobility problems, we will visit you where you live. Visits are undertaken by the Community Adult Therapy Service (CATS).
You (or your GP, healthcare professional, carer or relative) can submit your details online and we will review your condition and contact you.
However, if you can attend out-patients for physiotherapy, please use their physiotherapy self referral form.
If you are living at home and require occupational therapy then you should refer using the link below.
Please use the button below to submit your CATS self referral.
If you have any queries, please contact:
Community Health Centre
+44 1624 642511