Community Health Centre Westmoreland Road.
Douglas IM1 4QA
+44 1624 642563
The Children’s Therapy Service provides specific interventions to children of a pre-school age who have a developmental delay due to a variety of conditions/diagnosis. We work with children in many different settings including:
- Clinic at The Community Health Centre
- Pre-school Assessment Centre
Monday to Friday - 8:30am to 4:30pm
We do not offer an out of hours' service.
The department can be located via the main entrance off Westmoreland Road, please follow the Children's Therapy logos to locate the department.
How to access
A Pre School Service can be accessed with referral from a medical professional, allied health professional or an educational professional.
Suitable referrals are prioritised and depending on need there may be a slight waiting time according to their priority. Parents and Carers may also refer to Pre School service for Speech and Language Therapy.
Young children attending this service may present with various conditions or difficulties such as:
- Neuromuscular disorders e.g. Myotonic Dystrophy, Muscular Dystrophy
- Neurological conditions e.g. Cerebral palsy, head injuries, Spina Bifida
- Developmental delay
- Metabolic Disorders e.g. Batten Disease, Phenylketonuria (PKU)
- Genetic/Congenital syndromes e.g. Down’s Syndrome, Osteogenesis Imperfecta