Community Health Centre Westmoreland Road.
Douglas IM1 4QA
+44 1624 642563
The Children’s Therapy Service provides specific interventions to babies up to the age of two who have a developmental delay due to a variety of conditions/diagnoses. We work to promote children’s development through play and exploration of their environment. We work with children and their parents or carers in many different settings including:
- Baby Development Clinic at the Community Health Centre
Monday to Friday - 8:30am to 4:30pm
We do not offer an out of hours' service.
The department can be located via the main entrance off Westmoreland Road, please follow the Children's Therapy monkey logo to locate the department.
How to access
The baby Clinic can be accessed with a referral from a medical professional or allied health professional.
Suitable referrals are prioritised and depending on need there may be a slight waiting time according to their priority.
Babies attending this service may present with various conditions or difficulties such as:
- Neuromuscular disorders e.g. Myotonic Dystrophy, Muscular Dystrophy
- Neurological conditions e.g. Cerebral palsy, head injuries, Spina Bifida
- Developmental delay
- Metabolic Disorders e.g. Batten Disease, Phenylketonuria (PKU)
- Genetic/Congenital syndromes e.g. Down’s Syndrome, Osteogenesis Imperfecta