Who we are
The School Nursing service is made up of a team of health professionals, committed to promoting the health of school age children from 4-19 years, and the wider school community.
School Nurses are registered nurses who have had experience and training in public and child health.
School Nurses are not based within school but work closely with schools and other health professionals to ensure that any individual health needs are addressed early and that each child achieves his or her full potential.
School Nurses are trained to complete:
- Health assessment for all children when they start primary school
- Hearing and distance vision screening, measurements of height and weight
- Health promotion advice and activities
- Signposting you to other information or support services
- When your child reaches school age, your child's records are automatically transferred from the Health Visitor.
What we do
The School Nursing Service works to deliver a programme which is aimed at promoting health and wellbeing for all children.
Health priorities supported are:
- Emotional health and wellbeing
- Sexual health
- Risk taking behaviours (inclusive of drug & alcohol and smoking)
- Health, weight and physical activity
- Promotion of continence/enuresis (bedwetting)
School Nurses can be contacted via the School Nurse Admin Office at +44 1624 693210