- Never smoke in bed
- Use a proper ashtray – never a wastepaper basket
- Make sure your ashtray can’t tip over and is made of a material that won’t burn
- Don’t leave smoking materials unattended. They can easily fall over and start a fire
- Take extra care if you smoke when you’re tired, taking prescription drugs, or if you’ve been drinking. You might fall asleep and set your bed or sofa on fire
- Keep matches and lighters out of children’s reach
- Consider buying child-resistant lighters and match boxes
Stub cigarettes out properly and dispose of them carefully.
Put them out. Right out!