Jane Crookall Maternity Unit
The Jane Crookall maternity unit is the only maternity unit on the Island. The first dedicated Island service was realised in 1938 and interestingly also named the Jane Crookall maternity unit. This was possible due to a donation from the Philanthropist Arthur Crookall in memory of his first wife. Three moves later the name remains the same due to an Island wide vote.
Meet the team
Head of Midwifery
Mrs Barbara Roberts
We are happy to introduce Mrs Barbara Roberts as our Head of Midwifery. Barbara joined the Noble's Team in 1997, and became Head of Midwifery in 2019.
Barbara's speciality as a senior midwife was in the area of infant feeding. She is also qualified as a Lactation Consultant and has been instrumental in increasing the Islands breast feeding rates.
Barbara is developing the service for the future, with the families of the Island at its heart. She has a collaborative approach to running the service and is committed to providing high quality, research based care that is inclusive, equitable and women centred.
Mrs Regan Baggley
We are happy to introduce Mrs Regan Baggley as our Senior Midwife.
Regan joined Noble's in 2004 as a newly qualified midwife, and became Senior Midwife in 2021.
Regan developed an interest in Diabetes in pregnancy where she assisted with the establishment of the multi-disciplinary Diabetic Antenatal Clinic for the women of the Isle of Man. Prior to commencing her Senior Midwife position, Regan was the Ward Manager for the Jane where she focused on developing high quality inpatient services. This became particularly important when inpatient services had to be remodelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dianne Rubery – Delivery Suite, Theatre & Bereavement Lead
- Kirsty Steventon – Inpatient Services Lead (Ward Manager)
- Kelly Ann Shaw – Governance Lead (Inclusive of Internal Investigations & Learning)
- Gill Falconer – Governance Lead (Inclusive of Risk, Policies & Procedures)
- Jennie Killey – Governance Lead (Inclusive of Projects & Audit)
- Barbara Livsey - Outpatient Manager (Community & Antenatal Clinic)
- Lucy Matthews – Women's Experience Lead (Inclusive of Debrief & Bereavement)
- Amy Walker – Practice Development Facilitator
- Leslie Murphy – Safeguarding Lead
You can contact a Lead Midwife at the Maternity Unit on +44 1624 650030.
Where to find us
Key to map: Stairs (S), Lifts and stairs (LS)
The Jane Crookall Maternity Unit is situated on the 1st floor in the East Wing, Noble's hospital and it is signposted along the corridor from the main reception area. The unit is accessed via a video entry intercom system. The unit provides the following:
- Care for all women admitted antenatally
- Antenatal services within the clinic
- Postnatal care
- Intrapartum care
- Maternity theatre
- Community midwifery services antenatal and postnatal
The unit is accessed via a video entry intercom system.
- General Enquiries +44 1624 650030
- Head of Midwifery +44 1624 651052