Community defibrillator scheme privacy notice
The information you provided will be used in the administration of the Isle of Man Community Defibrillator scheme.
Information provided will only be used as outlined in the following Isle of Man Government and Manx Care privacy notices.
- We will only process your information in line with rules set out in the Data Protection Act 2018
- We will only use your information for the purpose that you have authorised within the terms and conditions and memorandum of understanding document which can be viewed on this site. This also outlines how your data will be used.
- We will keep your information secure and only use it in the administration of your AED registration within the Isle of Man Community Defibrillator Scheme.
- The Isle of Man Ambulance Service is collecting this data. The privacy statement can be viewed can be viewed on DHSC's Privacy Notice page.
- As well as collecting data online there may be occasions where paper records are collected in the form of a completed Memorandum Of Understanding or Defibrillator Registration Form. This data will be added to a database and used in the administration of the Isle of Man Community Defibrillator Scheme.
- The data collected will only be shared, viewed, accessed by partner organisations that are directly involved with the administration of the Isle of Man Community Defibrillator Scheme. These organisations include, Isle of Man Government Technology Services, Manx Care, Isle of Man Department of Home Affairs Emergency Services Joint Control Room, Rushen Emergency Ambulance, Craigs Heartstrong Foundation, St John Ambulance and the Manx Heart Foundation.
- Occasionally we receive safety notices from manufacturers regarding certain makes of AED. We may send these notices to you if your data indicates that you would benefit from receiving this information.
- If you have given consent then some of your data provided will be available to the public via the online Defib locator portal.
- The data provided will be kept for as long as the AED is registered on the database.
- You may access, update or request your data be removed at any time. A request in writing must be made to the Administrator of the scheme at the following address;
Community Defibrillator Coordinator
Isle of Man Ambulance Service
Isle of Man