Ramsey and District Cottage Hospital
For over 100 years, Ramsey and District Cottage Hospital has been supporting the north of the Island, and its services are continuing to grow.
Ramsey and District Cottage Hospital serves the north of the Island, including the catchment area of the river in Laxey to Glen Wyllin in Kirk Michael. With facilities including a minor injuries and illness unit, an inpatient ward, and services from physiotherapy to minor surgery, Ramsey and District Cottage Hospital benefits the Island as a whole.
How to find us
Isle of Man
+44 1624 811811 (general enquiries 24 hour line)
+44 1624 811818
Please note there is a steep slope leading up to the main hospital entrance (revolving blue door). People who believe they will be unable to use this entrance should consider using Martin Ward entrance and walking along the corridor to the reception desk.
Getting to and from Ramsey and District Cottage Hospital
From Douglas, the hospital can be reached by the 3 and 3a buses. Change at Ramsey bus station for Ramsey and District Cottage Hospital.
The hospital shelter on Bowring Road is served by the numbers 17, 17b, 18 and 19 for people travelling from Jurby, Andreas, Smeale, Bride and around Ramsey, including the Ramsey Bus Station. Ramsey can be reached by electric rail from March to November.
RDCH can be easily accessed by car. The turning onto Cumberland Road is on Bowring Road (A9) – the main road between Ramsey and Andreas.
Parking at Ramsey and District Cottage Hospital
Parking can be found outside the main entrance, at the front of Martin Ward entrance, at the rear of the hospital and outside the Minor Operations Theatre. The parking outside the Minor Operations Theatre also serves the NHS dental practice.
All hospital parking is free for patients and visitors.
Access during TT
During the TT fortnight, Ramsey is mildly disturbed by the motorbike racing. The hospital can still be accessed, although some diversions may be in place. The bus routes are subject to change, and the Ramsey Bus Station is temporarily moved to the Queen's Promenade.