The role of a Public Representative is flexible and there are no set hours; you can volunteer as and when you have the time, typically you may be giving up an hour of your time per month. In this role you will have the opportunity to represent the public in a number of forums and capacities.
Some of the duties you would be able to undertake as a Public Representative are:
- sitting as the lay representative on Consultant Appointment Advisory Committees or Interviews
- conducting Patient Indicator surveys
- sitting on various Health & Social Care working groups or panels on behalf of the Public Representative group
In the Department of Health and Social Care we pride ourselves on being committed, appreciative, respectful and excellent. CARE represents what we are about, what we stand for and what we value. All our recruitment, staff development and our approach to work are all based on our CARE ethos.
Requirements to become a Public Representative
There is no specific experience required to become a Public Representative - instead we are looking for people who can demonstrate that they have the skills and attributes that we think the role requires. We're also looking for people who can demonstrate that their values align with our CARE qualities we have here within the Department.
We are looking for people who:
- have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- have good interpersonal skills
- have the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- be comfortable in being able to convey your point of view effectively and skilfully
- be passionate about striving to improve health and social care outcomes for the people of the Isle of Man
Demonstrate our CARE qualities - Committed, Appreciative, Respectful and Excellent
Why join us?
- this is a varied role where you will be part of a large and supportive team working together to deliver the best results for the Department
- this is an opportunity to support and represent your community in the drive to improve health and social care services on the Isle of Man
- you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and experience
- you will have the opportunity to meet new people and work in a diverse team where there are lots of different professionals
- the role is flexible and on a volunteer basis - you can make the role fit around your lifestyle and any current commitments
More Information or to apply
For more details, please contact:
+44 1624 650412