Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS)
Patient Advice & Liaison Services (PALS) covering the Hospitals’ Directorate, Noble’s Hospital, Ramsey District Cottage Hospital and The Ambulance Service.
Every comment, concern or query is seen as an opportunity for us to review the service, so that we make sure we are offering each individual exactly what they need.
What is PALS?
PALS is the Patient Advice & Liaison Services offered at Noble’s Hospital in the Isle of Man. It is a free and confidential service which helps patients and carers with any information, concerns or problems they have about their NHS care or service. The service allows you to log a query, make a comment on the service or compliment the service you or a relative has received.
What we do
- We can provide you with on the spot help with the ability to resolve problems fast and efficiently
- We can provide information about the Hospitals’ Directorate
- To raise an issue or a concern about the health service you or a relative has received
- Help to sort out any concerns you may have whilst you or a relative is in Hospital
- Listen to your comments and suggestions and relay them on to the managing Department
Anyone who has received NHS care or services, or cares for someone who has can contact PALS.
You can contact PALS if you:
- want information and advice about local services
- want information on the complaints procedure
- want to find out about any Support Groups outside of Noble’s Hospital
- don’t know what’s happening
- want information but don’t know where to get it
- want to sort out a situation but don’t want to complain
- want to complain - but are not sure how
- want to speak to someone but not sure who
- when can I expect my enquiry or concern to be answered
When visiting PALS we hope to have your enquiry or concern dealt with that day depending on the situation. If you email or send an enquiry by post, you will need to wait up to 3 working days before receiving a response.
What PALS cannot deal with
PALS cannot provide any medical or clinical advice. PALS cannot investigate complaints made or give any legal advice. PALS cannot help you take action on behalf of a friend or a relative without their consent.
What to do before contacting PALS
You have a few options before you contact us. We would recommend talking to the Department or Ward Manager or Matron — many problems can be resolved this way. Misunderstandings happen every day and sometimes good communication can put these right.
Compliments and feedback
We welcome any compliments or feedback and will share this with the relevant teams. Feedback forms are available to download or to complete online at the top of this page.
Making an appointment
You do not need to make an appointment to visit PALS, however this is possible but you will need to call up 3 working days before hand to make sure there is availability. Please note, appointments cannot be made for during PALS opening hours which are Monday to Friday from 10am until 1pm.
Telephone: +44 1624 650720
Call into the PALS Office: Main Reception, Noble’s Hospital during opening hours, which are Monday to Friday 10am to 1pm (excluding bank holidays).
Post to: PALS Office, Main Reception, Noble’s Hospital, Braddan, IM4 4RJ