Maxillofacial/Oral Surgery and Orthodontics
COVID-19 - Advice to patients of oral maxillofacial surgery
During the ongoing COVID 19 situation, can we please remind all our patients:
- Please do not come into the hospital if you are currently self-isolating.
- If you are required to attend the hospital, please do not bring friends/relatives with you to your appointment - unless absolutely necessary.
- Please adhere to the guidance of social distancing.
- Please respect the staff; they are trying to help you. This is a difficult situation for both staff and patients.
- Please telephone the clinic +44 1624 650394 for any further information and advice if necessary.
- All routine booked appointments (non urgent minor oral surgery procedures) are currently being deferred. Patients will be contacted directly where possible. Please contact the clinic if you have an appointment imminently and you have not been contacted.
- Patients are being offered telephone consultation if deemed necessary by consultants.
- Following telephone triage, patients requiring face to face consultations will be offered appropriate appointments.
- Patients will be offered treatment if an urgent referral is sent from emergency dentist at CCHC or doctor, for acute dental abscess or facial swelling, during normal clinic times.
- Facial trauma including fractures of facial bones and soft tissue lacerations are managed in usual pathway - via the Emergency Department.
- Patients with ongoing oral cancer treatment shall be provided with appropriate care where needed.
- Routine orthodontic appointments are cancelled at Nobles Hospital for the foreseeable future.
The Maxillofacial / Oral Surgery Department is a secondary referral service accepting patients from General Medical Practitioner (GP), General Dental Practitioners (GDP) and the Accident and Emergency Department at Noble’s Hospital as well as other specialists within the hospital and other healthcare professionals.
Where to find us
The department is situated on the ground floor in General Outpatients Suite C, opposite the Radiology Department.
Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm for patients with prior appointments (Excluding Bank Holidays)
An on-call Maxillofacial / Oral Surgeon Consultant is available 24 hours a day via the Accident and Emergency Department at Noble’s Hospital.
Maxillofacial / Oral Surgeon Consultants
The Maxillofacial / Oral Surgery Department consist of two consultants:
Mr C Dohvoma - BDS FFDRCS (Oral Surg) Lead Clinician
Mr M. Reddy - BDS MDS FDS RCS
Mr M Reddy has been working as an Oral Surgeon since 1997 after his post-graduation (MDS). Mr Reddy examines for Royal Colleges UK at post graduate level, including MFDS, MOMFS, and MOS exams. Membership in Oral surgery (MOS) is a Tricolliegate specialist exam conducted by Royal College of Surgeons of England, London. Membership in Oral & Maxillofacial surgery (MOMFS) exam is conducted by Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK. Membership in Faculty of Dental surgery (MFDS) exam is conducted by Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow, UK.
Maxillofacial / Oral Surgery provided by the department
|Dento-Alveolar Surgery||Impacted Teeth, Apicectomy and Surgical Extractions|
|Oro-Facial Infection||Diagnosis and management of acute infections|
|Oral Medicine||Oro Facial Pain and Oral Mucosal Disease|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology||Investigations and Diagnosis|
|Jaw Problems||Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ)|
|Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Devices||Accepted referrals from a Respiratory Consultant only|
|Dental Implants||Subject to approval by the Department of Health CRC/IFS)|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Trauma and Emergencies via A&E|
|Oral and Facial Soft Tissue Surgery|
Ramsey & District Cottage Hospital (RDCH)
The Consultants hold two consultation clinics and one Minor Oral Surgery session at RDCH see related links.
Visiting Restorative Consultant
The department has a Consultant from the University Dental Hospital of Manchester who visits the department six times a year.
Dr A Qualtrough BChD MSc PhD FDS MRD RCS Ed
A Consultant in Restorative Dentistry provides valuable and independent advice and treatment plans to patients their General Dental Practitioner.
Qualified Registered Dental Nurses
Denise Quayle Senior RDN
Natalie Hutchesson RDN
Julie Boyle RDN
|Noble's Hospital||Kate Nippress||Oral Surgery / Restorative||+44 1624 650210|
|Hilary Davoll||Oral Surgery||+44 1624 650210|
|Janice Corkill / Tracy Wright||Oral Surgery / ENT||+44 1624 650210|
|Ramsey & District Cottage Hospital||Katharine Killip||Oral Surgery||+44 1624 811814|
Referrals and Appointments
All patients referred to our department will receive a letter from the hospital acknowledging the referral and a consultation appointment will be sent in due course depending on the waiting time.
Please ensure you attend your appointment. If you would like to change it, please contact Outpatients Information Centre +44 1624 650103.