Become a representative
Our principal purpose is to ensure that people in the Isle of Man receive health care services which are safe, effective, caring, and responsive to people's needs.
We are committed to ensuring our services are designed for the customer by the customer in tandem with our health care professionals.
We are keen to recruit public, patient and carer representatives to work alongside our health care professionals to be involved in a wide variety of activities depending upon particular interests.
It can mean
- Membership of hospital committees and forums which decide about future services
- Provide feedback to hospital staff on what patients want and need from services
- Help design patient information
- Work with hospital staff to raise awareness of health issues
- Help to undertake questionnaires about hospital services
- Undertake observations of care and patient stories with healthcare staff
Who are we looking for?
A wide variety of people from all walks of life, who are caring, sympathetic, understanding with a desire to inspire change. You must be aged 16 years or older and have time to offer.
Where can you assist?
- Transforming Care Groups
- Cancer Services
- Clinical Audit
- Women and Children's Services
- Transforming Care Steering Group
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Clinical Governance
- Infection Control
- Policies and Procedures
- Blood Transfusion Committee
- Advocacy Service
What training will be given?
- Basic Life Support
- 2222 (emergency calls within the hospital)
- Fire Training
- Dementia Awareness
- Moving and Handling
- Sit and See Observational Tool
- Patient Experience Indicators
- Equality and Diversity
- Data Protection
- Health and Safety
- Role specific training
How will it help?
We can listen to the views of patients, carers, visitors and staff and act on feedback
We continually strive to improve the way we communicate with people
We wish to enhance the hospital environment and facilities for patients and staff
Who to contact
Senior Nurse Patient Safety and Quality
Patient Safety and Quality Division
Isle of Man
Tel: 01624 650000