Ward 4 - Inpatient Services
Ward 4 is a thirteen bedded ward that cares for the needs of Women with gynaecological, breast and all pregnancy related problems up to twenty weeks gestation. We are situated on the ground floor in the East Wing of Nobles Hospital. Our visiting times are 12pm to 8pm.
We try and keep visiting to the specific times to preserve patient privacy and dignity, however under exceptional circumstances and by prior arrangement this could be accommodated.
Ward 4 does respect the hospital policy for protected meal times therefore it is requested that patients have time to eat their meals undisturbed. Lunch is 12pm to 12.30pm and supper is 5pm to 5.30pm.
Ward 4 is staffed by a small, dedicated team with years of experience caring for the Women of the Isle of Man. The same team also staff the Colposcopy, Hysteroscopy, Post Menopausal Bleeding, Urogynaecology and the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit clinics. This allows us to offer our clients continuity in their care.
Our Mission statement is:
To provide exceptional individualised care for women in a safe environment delivered by a specialist team of nurses.
Ward 4 - +44 1624 650024
Senior Sister Catherine Williamson - +44 1624 650275
Sister Lynne Mcloughlin - +44 1624 650024
Ward 4 at night
- There are 2 nurses on duty each night
- A nurse will be allocated to each patient for overnight care
- There is a doctor on-call
- Hot/cold drinks and snacks are offered at bedtime and are available during the night on request
- Medication is given at designated times but available throughout the night if needed
- The main lights are switched off before 11pm but individual bed lights may be used
- Bed curtains can be drawn according to preference
- Each bed area has a nurse-call bell to hand
- The TV lounge is available for use overnight
- Instructions regarding the use of mobile phones on the ward are located in patient areas
- Ward 4 receives admissions at night and a single room will be used if available, to keep disturbances to a minimum
- Please bring in ear plugs if you wish to use them
- A relative would only stay overnight in special circumstances, usually pre-arranged with the ward sister
- The hospital has a no-smoking policy; there are a few outside areas that patients can use at night
Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit
The Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit deals with pregnancy related problems between six to nineteen weeks gestation. It is based in Ward 4 and is staffed by an Ultrasonoghrapher, Doctor and Registered Nurse. This allows our women to be scanned, assessed and treatment agreed in one appointment rather than having to come to the Hospital multiple times.
The clinic is held on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday Morning. To get an appointment for the clinic you need to be referred by your GP, Accident and Emergency or your Midwife.