uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Transfer and withdrawal

Transfer or withdrawal of an Award 

Transferring courses 

You may change to another course or institution and continue to receive support if you do so within 12 months of the start of your course. This is on the condition that:

  • you have the written agreement of the institutions concerned
  • you are transferring to an equivalent point of study
  • you notify the department in writing within that 12 months 

Withdrawal of an Award 

Should you withdraw from your course, you must notify the Student Awards Section as soon as possible, giving your reasons for withdrawal.  

The department may withdraw all or part of your award should you fail or withdraw from your course, or if your progress, conduct or attendance is unsatisfactory. In such circumstances, you will be required to repay any fees or grant paid in respect of the withdrawn award. 

Note that both you and any contributors in respect of your application are jointly liable to repay an award in the event of a repayment being requested by the department. You should, therefore, ensure that the contributors are informed of any changes in circumstances that might affect your award. 

Did you find what you were looking for?
Back to top