Covid-19 Coronavirus

Student awards

Welcome to the Student Awards homepage

All of our latest news can be found in the Student Awards Message Bulletin below and more detailed information regarding all aspects of Student Awards can be found in our Downloadable documents.

You can contact us by email at or by telephone on +44 1624 685822 however please note that we deal with all queries in order of receipt.

You can send correspondence or visit us at:

The Student Awards Team

Department of Education Sport and Culture

Thie Slieau Whallian

Foxdale Road

St John's


Telephone:+44 1624 685822

Email:Send Email

Important note

Students from the Isle of Man are not eligible for a loan from the UK Student Loans Company.

Student Awards Message Bulletin – September 2023

Applications for funding for the 2023/24 Academic Year

All applications for the 2023-24 academic year are now CLOSED.

If you haven't yet made an application you should contact the Student Awards team at with your reasons for the late application request.

Exam results

For 1st Year students exam results should be uploaded, along with their Unconditional offer from your University, to their application on the DESC Digital Services portal.

Continuing students should upload their previous year exam results or proof of their continuing studies to their application on the DESC Digital Services portal.


Students will receive a Contributor Instructions email upon submitting their initial application. The contributor must follow the instructions and refer to the AAR number provided to submit an income assessment.

Please note that if you have more than one dependent student, you will need the AAR number of each student before submitting your assessment.

Contributor applications must be completed as soon as possible via the link below.

Student wellbeing

On the Student wellbeing page you will find links to organisations who can offer help and guidance if you feel that you need it at any point.

Back to top