Please note that some of these websites may require a password. For further details please contact library staff:
+44 01624 642993 / +44 1624 642974
- Behind the Headlines (NHS Choices): helps you to find out the true story behind the sensational headline news.
- Biomed Central (e-journals): is an independent publishing house committed to providing immediate free access to over 100 peer-reviewed biomedical research journals.
- British Medical Association (BMA): is the professional medical association and trade union for doctors and medical students.
- Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine (CEBM): their aim is to develop, teach and promote evidence-based health care and provide support and resources to doctors and health care professionals to help maintain the highest standards of medicine.
- Centre for Reviews and Dissemination (CRD): based at the University of York, the CRD aims to provide research-based information about the effects of interventions used in health and social care.
- The Cochrane Library: an electronic publication designed to supply high quality evidence to inform people providing and receiving care and those responsible for research, teaching funding and administration at all levels. There may be difficulty accessing full text documents from your government network computer.
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE): contains summaries of systematic reviews which have met strict quality criteria. Included reviews have to be about the effects on interventions. Each summary also provides a critical commentary on the quality of the review.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC): Regulating health, psychological and social work professionals.
- National Audit Office
- NHS Evidence: aims is to provide clinicians with access to the best current know-how and knowledge to support healthcare-related decisions.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC): regulates nurses and midwives in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Islands
Royal College of Nursing (RCN): The RCN represents nurses and nursing, promotes excellence in practice and shapes health policies.
- School of Health and Related Research (ScHARR): specialises in health services and public health research, and the application of health economics and decision science to the development of health services and the improvement of the public health.
- Safeguarding Board Procedures: The Isle of Man Safeguarding Children Board Procedures Manual
- Turning Research Into Practice (TRIP): One of the Internet's leading medical resources. The TRIP Database allows users to rapidly and easily identify high quality medical literature from a wide range of sources.