MSc Advanced Practice
This part time Higher Education programme is validated by the University of Chester. Site Authorisation has been agreed by the University of Chester for the delivery of this programme on the Isle of Man by the Health and Social Care Teaching Team located at Keyll Darree.
The MSc Advanced Practice Programme is centred on developing advanced clinical practice skills, underpinned by evidence-based theory. Upon successful completion of this programme, you will have gained confidence and competence in diagnosing, clinical assessment, and where appropriate, treatment. This will give you the opportunity to progress towards professional roles where advanced clinical skills are required.
The admission criteria for student entry to the MSc Advanced Practice programme will normally be:
- Registration on the appropriate part of a professional register for their chosen pathway.
- A minimum of 2 years* post-registration experience.
- Successful completion of a degree in nursing or a health-related field, or equivalent.
- Support from the employer.
* Candidates who do not possess the full two years of experience in the specialist area may exceptionally be admitted to the programme using the following criteria, both of which must be met:
- Support from sponsoring organisation/employer.
- Evidence of practice in a closely related area of specialism.
Non-standard applicants may seek further advice from the Programme Leader regarding entry criteria.
All students will complete compulsory modules to exit with a Master of Science in Advanced Practice.
Modules dates to be confirmed.
Support is available for students of all academic levels and experience through the Study Advice Service (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For further information, or to arrange a meeting please contact:
Keyll Darree Education Centre
Isle of Man
+44 1624 651422