How can I add my name to the Relief Education Support Staff and Supply Teacher List?
Apply to be a Supply Teacher or Relief Education Support Officer at www.jobtrain.co.uk/iomgovjobs/ The Relief ESO advert is only advertised when there is a need for this type of relief work.
Should you be qualified for the position of Relief Education Support Officer or Supply Teacher our advisers will contact you to arrange an interview. If successful, you will be required to pass a satisfactory medical and police check and the offer will be subject to obtaining a work permit if required, and satisfactory references.
Can you hold my CV on file for any future vacancies?
Unfortunately, the Department of Education and Children is unable to hold your CV for posts that become available, each area of the department advertises vacant posts and receives applications directly.
What qualifications are required to be an Education Support Officer?
Level 2 Education Support Officer
- GCSE Maths and English Grades A* - C, or Key Skills Level 2 Application of Number and Communication Awards or Functional Skills Mathematics and English Level 2
- Experience of working with, or caring for, relevant age children/young people
Level 3 Senior Education Support Officer
- GCSE Maths and English Grades A* - C, or Key Skills Level 2 Application of Number and Communication Awards or Functional Skills Mathematics and English Level 2;
- NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants, or equivalent relevant qualification (e.g. Level 3 Certificate for Teaching Assistants, Children’s Care, Learning and Development NVQ Level 3) or relevant higher level qualification;
- Experience working with children/young people of relevant age
I would like to undertake some voluntary work in the Island’s schools.
Anyone wishing to work in one of the Island's schools, either paid or voluntary, is required to complete a police check. Please contact the school to obtain a vetting form to complete. You must not commence work until a satisfactory check has been received.
I am a Manx worker wishing to return to the Isle of Man as a Teacher, how do I apply for Teacher positions?
All Teacher positions are advertised at www.jobtrain.co.uk/iomgovjobs/
Register for job alerts at www.jobtrain.co.uk/iomgovjobs/RegisterOptions.aspx
I would like to do some work experience in primary schools for my college/university course. Who should I contact?
Work experience candidates should contact schools directly.