uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies


How can I add my name to the Relief Education Support Staff and Supply Teacher List?

Complete an application form and supply availability form (email or telephone +44 1624 685808). Should you be qualified for the position of Education Support Officer or recognised as a qualified teacher, and upon receipt of satisfactory references, our advisers will contact you to arrange an interview. If successful, you will be required to pass a satisfactory medical and police check and the offer will be subject to obtaining a work permit if required.

Can you hold my CV on file for any future vacancies?

Unfortunately, the Department of Education and Children is not in a position to retain your CV for posts that become available. Currently each area of the department advertises vacant posts and receives applications directly.

What qualifications are required to be an Education Support Officer?

Level 2 Education Support Officer: key requirements are GCSE grade C or above in English and mathematics.

Level 3 Senior Education Support Officer: key requirements are GCSE Grade C or above in English and mathematics, in addition to a relevant level 3 qualification, that is NNEB, Diploma in Nursery Nursing (DNN), NVQ Level 3 Child Care and Education. A degree is acceptable in lieu of previous experience for relief Level 3 and 4.

What qualifications are required to be an Administrative Officer?

5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English language, or equivalent qualifications.

What typing qualifications are required to be a Secretary?

GCSE English language at Grade C or above or equivalent or have at least 10 years satisfactory secretarial experience (relevant experience outside of the Civil Service can be accepted). External qualification in text processing (for example, RSA III Test Processing Part 1 with distinction) or pass the Civil Service Typewriting Grading Test.

I would like to undertake some voluntary work in the Island’s schools. How do I go about this?

Anybody wishing to work in one of the Island’s schools, either paid or voluntary, is required to complete a police check. Contact the school to obtain a vetting form to complete. You must not commence work until a clear vetting check has been received.

I would like to do some work experience in primary schools for my college/university course. Who should I contact?

work experience candidates are encouraged to contact EIS, It might be useful to contact your local school directly. 

Did you find what you were looking for?
Back to top