Looking After Me course
Looking After Me course is:
A 6 week course designed for carers. The course encourages carers to develop new skills on how to make time to look after their own health needs.
Each week the course highlights a different aspect of managing your own health needs within your carer’s role.
- how to improve communication with people around you
- ways of coping with tiredness
- how to relax and identify new ways of exercising
- importance of maintaining a well balanced diet
- how to cope with low moods
- identifying the need to plan for the future
Where is it?
Held at various Health and Community Centres Island wide.
How long is the course?
The course consists of 6 sessions run over six weeks. Each session lasts for 2 hours 30 minutes (including a refreshment break).
When is it?
The next Looking After Me course for carers will be announced soon. For more information telephone +44 7624 486641 or email email@example.com
Who can take part?
Anyone who finds themselves in a caring situation.
Who runs the course?
It is run by volunteers who themselves live with a long term health condition, or have been carers, supported by Health Care Professionals. All volunteers have successfully completed a training course and accreditation under licence from Stanford University.
How can it help me?
It can help you to:
- improve my understanding of my own health needs
- meet other people who have similar problems or needs
- be able to share difficulties and find new ways of dealing with them