Covid-19 Coronavirus

Getting help

In the first instance please contact the Wellbeing Partnership around the Island using the below details:



Telephone: + 44 1624 686109



Telephone: + 44 1624 685846



Telephone: + 44 1624 686432

Douglas or East of the Island


Telephone: + 44 1624 686207

The Referral Process

Who can refer a person?

Anyone can – a person can refer themselves, or their family, friends, neighbours. Other professionals can also refer a person for example a Health Visitor, GP or the Police.

How can someone refer a person?

Through the contact means above, to The Wellbeing Partnerships are available from:

  • Monday to Thursday 9am to 5:30pm
  • Friday 9am to 5pm

Out-of-Hours referrals - for emergencies only - should be made via Nobles Hospital. Telephone: +44 1624 650000 and ask for the on call Social Worker for Adults.

What happens next?

Once you have made contact with the Wellbeing Partnership you will be asked for the following information:

  • Your name, address and telephone number
  • The name, address and telephone number of the person concerned in the request (if not yourself)
  • The persons marital status and date of birth
  • If the person is aware that you are ringing for them
  • A brief description of the problem or request

If you are ringing on behalf of anyone else it would be helpful if you have the above information readily available.

In order to direct you to the most appropriate service, a member of the Wellbeing Partnership will take more detailed information on the referral. This enables us to build up a picture of existing support and how the current needs can best be met. The more information you can give will help us in prioritising the case and speed up the referral process.

A member of the Wellbeing Partnership will discuss your concerns with you and may be able to give you the information you require straight away.

If the needs are complex, they will arrange for a social worker to visit you. The Social worker will record your presenting needs and work with you to identify your eligible needs based on the Fair Access to Care Service Framework (FACS) and the risk to your independence. The Social Worker with help you plan and coordinate the support you need to meet your eligible needs.

How much will it cost?

Your social worker’s time and advice is free.

Many of the services you may choose to have will need to be paid for. People with limited income or savings may get some services without charge, or may get financial assistance towards the cost of some services from Income Support.

People who need a lot of help with personal care on a regular basis may be eligible to receive Attendance Allowance (and their carer may be entitled to Carer’s Allowance).

Back to top