Day Services for adults with learning disabilities
Currently there are approximately 85 adults with a learning disability attending Day Services. Information about the range of Day Service can be found below. Day Services are available to adults aged 18 years and over with a confirmed learning disability.
Day Services provide a range of activities focused on the skills, abilities and needs of the service users and development of independence, confidence and social skills.
- Tall Trees Resource Centre – a modern, purpose-built centre providing a variety of meaningful activities, led by the interests and wishes of service users where possible. The centre provides support to adults with a severe or significant learning disability and/or complex needs including physically limiting conditions and service users who present with behaviours that may challenge other services.
- Community Based Activity Service – provides opportunities for adults with a learning disability to access community based activities whilst supporting the development of independent living skills, social interaction, increased community presence and inclusion.
- Greenfield Park – a centre providing support for adults with a learning disability to develop work-based skills in a variety of settings including:
- Industrial workshop focusing on wood, metal work and recycling
- Garden Centre which is open to the public for the purchase of plants, vegetables and eggs
- Weaving and craft centre
- Shop selling a range of goods including products grown and made on site
- Café which is staffed, with support, by adults with a learning disability
- Supported Employment Service – providing support for adults with a learning disability to develop employability skills and gain access to paid and voluntary employment
Adult Learning Disability Services also work in partnership with commissioned services to provide additional day service provision for adults with a learning disability, some with additional physical limitations, long-term health conditions and autism spectrum condition. These services include:
- Social Club provided by Crossroads Care
- Balleysleigh Day Service provided by Praxis Care
- Day and Outreach Services provided by Autism Initiatives
Can I access Day Services?
If you would like to access Day Services, you should firstly talk to those close to you about your choice and then contact the Adult Services Access Team by calling 01624 686179.
If you have any general enquiries about Day Services you can contact Adult Learning Disability Services by calling 01624 618520.