uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Apply to put a skip or scaffolding on a highway

Obstructions to a road, lane or footway

It is illegal to obstruct the highway or footway. If you are going to undertake any activity that obstructs a road, lane or footway you must get permission to do so before the work is started.

Applications for permission to obstruct a road must be submitted at least 28 days before work begins.

Enquiries can be made by contacting +44 1624 850000.

If you are erecting scaffolding or placing a skip on a road, lane or footway you need permission to do so. See downloadable documents for relevant application forms.

Did you find what you were looking for?
Back to top