File an annual return
The annual return is a snapshot of the company on the anniversary of incorporation.
Due for filing within 1 month of its made up date, the annual return is the one document which every company must file on a yearly basis regardless of whether a company is trading or not.
Failure to file an annual return may result in the officers of the company being prosecuted, or the company being struck off the register.
- AR Annual return for a 1931 Act company
- IMAR Annual return for a 2006 Act company
- ARF Annual return for a foreign company
Annual return fees for standard companies are:
- £380 if filed on time
- £480 if filed after 1 month and 1 day to 3 months
- £630 if filed more than 3 months after the date the return is made up to
Annual return fees for excepted companies are:
- £95 if filed on time
- £195 if filed after 1 month and 1 day to 3 months
- £345 if filed more than 3 months after the date the return is made up to
Annual return fees for companies registered as charities are:
- £0 if filed on time
- £100 if filed after 1 month and 1 day to 3 months
- £250 if filed more than 3 months after the date the return is made up to
All annual returns are subject to filing penalties if filed late. There are two levels of late fee, measured from the date the return is made up to.
- 1 month and 1 day to 3 months: £100
- more than 3 months: £250
Documents are not considered registered until they have been checked for completeness and consistency. If a document is rejected for any reason, late fees may become payable. We highly recommend you lodge documents on or as soon after the effective date as possible.
+44 1624 689389