Covid-19 Coronavirus

Surveys in the Isle of Man territorial sea

Survey Details

AFBI commercial herring survey – 21 to 27 September 2020

Northern Ireland Fishing Gear Trails – 7 to 18 September 2020

AFBI acoustic herring survey – 25 August to 11 September 2020

AFBI annual Nephrops survey - 28 July to 15 August 2020

AFBI annual MIK net survey – 18 May to 7 June 2020

Ramsey Bay Industry Survey - 15 to 30 May 2020

How do I undertake a survey in the Isle of Man territorial sea?

If you wish to carry out scientific survey work in the Isle of Man's territorial sea, you will need to obtain permission and a Scientific Permit to carry out the work. Please read the procedure for this. In particular, please note that outline details of proposed survey work is required 30 days in advance, with full details provided at least 14 days in advance.

Details of any survey work which might affect fishing activity will be provided on this page. Further information can be obtained by contacting the Fisheries Directorate on +44 1624 685837.

Back to top