The Isle of Man Civil Aviation Administration does not issue any personnel licenses. However, in accordance with International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) requirements, we validate certain personnel licenses issued by other States.
Isle of Man Registered Aircraft
Flight crew and maintenance engineers for Isle of Man registered aircraft must hold a licence validation issued by the Isle of Man Aircraft Registry.
For further details see the Isle of Man Aircraft Registry website.
Isle of Man Air Traffic Controllers (ATCO)
Persons acting as ATCO and student ATCO in the Isle of Man must hold an ATCO or Student ATCO licence granted by the UK CAA.
Flight Crew of Aircraft Registered Elsewhere than the Isle of Man
A person must not act as a member of the flight crew of an aircraft registered in a country other than the Isle of Man unless that person is the holder of an appropriate license:
- granted or rendered valid by the country in which the aircraft is registered or
- for an aircraft flying for the purpose of commercial air transport or aerial work, the State of the operator
The Isle of Man Civil Aviation Administration considers the UK NPPL(A)/(H), UK Part FCL LAPL and EASA LAPL to be appropriate licences and has 'No Operational Objection' to flights being conducted to, from and within the Isle of Man by flight crew operating in accordance with the privileges and any other conditions of the license.
The Isle of Man Civil Aviation Administration has 'No Operational Objection' to and therefore permits flights of UK registered aircraft being conducted to, from and within the Isle of Man by holders of UK issued flight crew and pilot licences and who have made UK CAA Pilot Medical Declarations, subject to such flights being conducted in accordance with the privileges and any other conditions imposed by the UK CAA.
For further information see:
- Letter of No Operational Objection – UK National Private Pilot Licence (NPPL) for Aeroplanes (A) and Helicopters (H)
- Letter of No Operational Objection – UK Part FCL Light Aircraft Pilot Licence (LAPL)
- Letter of No Operational Objection – EASA Light Aircraft Pilot Licence (LAPL)
- Letter of No Operational Objection – UK CAA Pilot Medical Declarations
- Permission 2021/016 – UK CAA Pilot Medical Declarations