CAA Publications and Forms
Civil Aviation Administration Publications (CP)
Policy and guidance on a range of issues associated with wind turbines and their effect on aviation that will need to be considered by aviation stakeholders, wind energy developers and decision makers in respect of planning applications and applications for Marine Infrastructure consents when assessing the viability of wind turbine developments on the Isle of Man and within Isle of Man territorial waters.
Policy and guidance on the conduct and management of air displays in the Isle of Man.
Policy on the standardisation of weights and measures in the civil aviation industry
Policy and guidance on the operation of drones and model aircraft in the Isle of Man.
Specifies how the Standards and Recommended Practices contained within ICAO Annex 3 are met through the activities of the Isle of Man CAA and Isle of Man Airport.
Specifies how the Standards and Recommended Practices contained within ICAO Annex 15 are met through the activities of the Isle of Man CAA and Isle of Man Airport.
Guidance on the processes and procedures for the reporting of occurrences, serious incidents and accidents that occur within the Isle of Man.
Details the management of civil aviation safety in the Isle of Man in order to achieve an acceptable level of safety performance.
Policy and guidance on the provision of air traffic services in the Isle of Man.
Policy and guidance on the operation of licensed aerodromes in the Isle of Man.
Policy and guidance on the safe transport of dangerous goods by air for aircraft operating in the Isle of Man.
Details the Isle of Man CAA arrangements for the conduct of inspections, surveys, audits and tests of aviation security, as well as corrective activity, enforcement and penalties.
Consolidation of the Rules of the Air applicable both in the Isle of Man and to Isle of Man Registered Aircraft elsewhere.
Listing of cargo Regulated Agents located in the Isle of Man.
Civil Aviation Administration Forms
Reports an occurrence to IOMCAA. Reports must be submitted within 72 hours of the occurrence.
Notify the IOMCAA about changes to aerodrome and/or ATC provision.
Notify the IOMCAA about lights, fireworks, toy balloons and sky lanterns.
Apply for permission to use a small unmanned aircraft in the Isle of Man.
Notify the IOMCAA of a breach of an ATC rostering system.
This issue of Safety Insight focuses on how air traffic controllers and assistants can contribute to and provide defences from an unsafe final approach.
This issue of Safety Insight focuses on new aviation occurrence reporting requirements for the Isle of Man, and gives guidance on how to comply.
Isle of Man Aviation Legislation
Civil Aviation legislation
- Air Navigation (Isle of Man) Order 2015
- Civil Aviation (Aerodromes) Order 2022
- Civil Aviation (Aircraft Registration and Marking) Order 2022
- Civil Aviation (Rules of the Air) Order 2021
- Civil Aviation (Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods) Order 2020
- Civil Aviation (Occurrence Reporting) Order 2020
- Civil Aviation (Air Traffic Services) Order 2020
- Civil Aviation (Small Unmanned Aircraft) Order 2020
- Civil Aviation (Miscellaneous Provisions) Order 2020
- Civil Aviation (Charges) Scheme 2021
- Civil Aviation (Investigation of Air Accidents and Incidents) Order 2019 including EC Regulations No. 996/2010 on the investigation and prevention of accidents and incidents in civil aviation on the Island
- Civil Aviation (Safety of Third Country Aircraft) Regulations 2006
- Railways and Transport Safety Act 2003
Restriction of Flying
- Aircraft Operator (Prohibition of Operation – Russia and Belarus) Direction 2022
- Civil Aviation (Restriction of Flying) (Russian Aircraft) Regulations 2022
- Air Navigation (Restriction of Flying) (Isle of Man Prison) Regulations 2018
- Consolidated and modified legislation
- Aviation Security Act 1982
- Aviation and Maritime Security Act 1990
- Anti-Terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001
- Aviation Security Regulations 2010
- Aviation Security Act 1982 (Civil Penalties) Regulations 2015
- (EC) Regulation No. 2015/1998 of 5 November 2015 laying down detailed measures for the implementation of the common basic standards on aviation security
- (EC) Regulation No. 272/2009 of 2 April 2009 supplementing the common basic standards on civil aviation security laid down in the Annex to Regulation (EC) No 300/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council
- (EC) Regulation No. 300/2008 of 11 March 2008 on common rules in the field of civil aviation security and repealing Regulation (EC) No 2320/2002
- (EU) Regulation No. 1254/2009 of 18 December 2009 setting criteria to allow Member States to derogate from the common basic standards on civil aviation security and to adopt alternative security measures. Amended by No 2016/2096
Miscellaneous Aviation legislation
- Civil Aviation (Charges) Scheme 2022
- International Interests in Aircraft Equipment (Cape Town Convention) Regulations 2015
- Air Navigation (General) Regulations 2006
- Civil Aviation (Insurance) Regulations 2005
- (EC) Regulations No. 785/2004 Insurance of 21 April 2004 on insurance requirements for air carriers and aircraft operators
- Air Navigation (Environmental Standards) Order 2002
- Aeroplane Noise Regulations 1999
- Air Carrier Liability Order 1998
- Civil Aviation (Aerial Advertising) Regulations 1995
- Civil Aviation (Procedure) Regulations 1991 (also refer to the Civil Aviation (Miscellaneous Provisions) Order 2020)
- Mortgaging of Aircraft Order 1972
- Civil Aviation (Documentary Evidence) Regulations 1972
- Civil Aviation (Births, Deaths and Missing Persons) Regulations 1948
General Exemptions, Approvals, Directions & Permissions
General exemptions, approvals, permissions, directions and temporary regulations apply either to all aviation activities and operations within the Isle of Man, or for all Isle of Man registered aircraft regardless of their global location.
Specific exemptions/approvals/directions/permissions that are issued directly to a particular operator or aircraft are not listed.