The Douglas Promenade Grant Scheme
The aim of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to qualifying businesses to ensure that during the Douglas Promenade Refurbishment Scheme work, businesses are supported and continue to improve and grow. Therefore, funding is to be used to alleviate cash flow issues and to undertake business improvement initiatives.
Applicants are encouraged to complete the enquiry form and discuss the requirements with the Department before applying. Enquire now via the green button to the right.
Following this, you must complete a PS1 Application Form to apply for the scheme.
If you have already submitted an application form and are looking to get in touch with the Enterprise Support Team, please see the contact details at the bottom of the page.
Financial Support Available
- A single grant payment of £6,000 for the business
- The business must have been in operation in the support area on or before the 1 May 2019 and continuously thereafter.
- The business must be located in the designated zone. This is between the southern end of Loch Promenade and Strathallan Crescent. A map of the designated zone can be found in Downloadable Resources to the right.
- The business must employ, or have previously employed, at least one member of Isle of Man staff under contract of employment (other than owner/s).
- The business must be compliant with Tax, NI, and VAT.
- The business must evidence a 20% downturn in turnover over a six month period, during the refurbishment project, as compared to the same 6 month period in the previous year.
- The business must have an annual turnover of less than £1m.
- The business must rely on public access for footfall and trade.
Eligible Sectors and Business Functions
- Public Houses
- Restaurants (open to non-hotel residents), cafes and takeaways
- On-Island service providers
- Visitor accommodation providers
Ineligible Sectors and Business Functions
- Residential property and developments
- Charities and not for profit organisations
Other Key Information
- The business must only use the grant to alleviate cash flow issues and to undertake business improvement initiatives
- Grants are offered entirely at the Department's discretion
- The business must itemise how the grant will be spent
- Should an application be successful, an offer letter will be issued within 5 days of the Department receiving all necessary information
- Following receipt of the completed offer letter, we aim to make payment within 2-3 weeks
- Should the business cease to exist six months after payment, the grant is repayable
- Only one application is permitted per group of companies
Enterprise Support Team Contact Details
Telephone: +44 1624 687333
Douglas Promenade Grant Scheme,
Department for Enterprise,
1st Floor St George's Court,
Upper Church Street,