Douglas Promenade Support Scheme
The Douglas Promenade Support Scheme (DPSS) is a temporary scheme that has been established to provide grant assistance to support local businesses adversely affected by the ongoing Douglas Promenade Refurbishment Scheme.
The aim of assistance is to help sustain qualifying businesses during the ongoing difficult trading conditions with the intention that the supported businesses will improve and grow following the completion of the Douglas Promenade Refurbishment Scheme.
Financial Support Available
- A single grant payment of £6,000 for the business
All applicants must complete a PS1 Application Form to apply for the scheme.
We advise you carefully read the DPSS Guidelines to ensure you are eligible for the scheme, and to help you complete the application form. For more information or to speak to an adviser, please contact the Department using the contact details below.
- The business must have been in operation on 1st May 2019
- The business must be located in the designated zone. This is between the southern end of Loch Promenade and Strathallan Crescent. A map of the designated zone can be found in Downloadable Resources to the right
- The business must employ, or have previously employed, at least one member of Isle of Man staff under contract of employment (other than owner/s)
- The business must be compliant with Tax, NI, and VAT
- The business must evidence 20% downturn in turnover over a six month period, during the refurbishment project, as compared to the same 6 month period in the previous year
- The business must have an annual turnover of less than £1m
- The business must rely on public access for footfall and trade
Eligible Sectors and Business Functions
- Public Houses
- Restaurants (open to non-hotel residents), cafes and takeaways
- On-Island service providers
- Visitor accommodation providers
Ineligible sectors and business functions
- Residential property and developments
- Charities and not for profit organisations
Other key information
- The business must only use the grant to alleviate cash flow issues and to undertake business improvement initiatives
- Grants are offered entirely at the Department's discretion
- The business must itemise how the grant will be spent
- Should an application be successful, an offer letter will be issued within 5 days of the Department receiving all necessary information
- Following receipt of the completed offer letter, we aim to make payment within 2-3 weeks
- Should the business cease to exist six months after payment, the grant is repayable
- Only one application is permitted per group of companies
Enterprise Support Team contact details:
Telephone: +44 1624 687333
Address: Douglas Promenade Support Scheme, Department for Enterprise, 1st Floor, St George's Court, Upper Church Street, Douglas, IM1 1EX.
Please visit MyProm.im for more information regarding the Douglas Promenade Refurbishment Scheme. All queries in relation to these works should be directed to the DOI Project Liaison Officer, Mary Doyle.