Livestock Shipments during COVID-19
As at 1pm 1 May 2020
Standard Operating Procedure: Livestock Shipments during COVID-19
Both UK and IOM drivers must adhere to social distancing protocol when there is required interaction with Steam Packet staff. All interaction should be as minimal as possible.
- The booking process for Livestock will remain as is.
- UK driver with empty Livestock wagon & trailer will arrive at Heysham port.
- Vehicle will be checked-in at the weighbridge.
- UK driver loads wagon and trailer onto the vessel when instructed.
- UK driver sanitises vehicle controls before exiting the vehicle; lorry keys are to be left in the cab.
- UK driver disembarks vessel when instructed to do so.
- IOM driver collects Livestock wagon and trailer from the deck when the vessel arrives in Douglas. Driver to wear Personal Protection gear.
- IOM driver loads Livestock in IOM.
- Wagon returned to Douglas port for next Ben-my-Chree sailing.
- Vehicle will be checked-in at the weighbridge and driver issued with meal and berth vouchers. Vouchers are pre-printed so as to avoid minimal interaction with staff.
- IOM driver will load and accompany vehicle to Heysham
- IOM driver sanitises vehicle controls before exiting the vehicle; lorry keys are to be left in the cab.
- UK driver returns to vehicle and exits vessel when instructed.
- IOM driver remains on-board vessel, returning directly to Douglas port.
This Standard Operating Procedure may be revoked at any time, due to the evolving situation.
Animal Health can be contacted on +44 01624 685844 or email@example.com