Covid-19 Coronavirus


Department of Environment, Food and Agriculture ('DEFA') Agriculture has some involvement with horses/ponies on the Island:

Import Controls – An import licence is required for horses travelling to the Isle of Man together with a self-declaration that the wagon has been thoroughly cleansed and disinfected prior to transporting the horse(s). To apply for an import licence please fill out the Self-certified Horse Import Licence online form.

Riding Establishments on the Island must be licensed. Please see Riding Establishments General Conditions for further information. A list of approved establishments is also available.  

Strangles - For further information see our Strangles webpage

For further information on import controls and riding establishments, please contact

The Department of Environment, Food and Agriculture is committed to ensuring that its services are accessible to all. If you require these documents in an alternative format and / or language please contact us to discuss your needs.

Back to top