Agriculture and Fisheries Grant Scheme
The new Agriculture and Fisheries Grant Scheme 2017 is designed to aid development within the Isle of Man’s farming, fisheries and food production. The purpose of the Scheme is to support commercial businesses in making investments to improve the sustainability of the business.
The budget for Agricultural and Horticultural grants has been fully allocated for the 17/18 financial year. The next window will be - July 2018; notification of the new round will be made on this page and via farm text. Please continue to apply for 'Knowledge & Innovation', 'Food Business Development' and Fisheries grants by following link below.
Please note this Scheme does not cover the replacement of existing assets, but grants may be made for one, or more, of the following purposes:
- to reduce production costs
- to improve and redeploy production
- to increase quality of produce
- to increase the marketability of produce
- to preserve and improve the natural environment, hygiene conditions and animal welfare standards
- to reduce energy use
- to promote the diversification of agricultural or fisheries activities
- to improve the skills of persons engaged in farming or fisheries on the Island
The Department of Environment, Food and Agriculture will determine in each financial year the amount of grant payable.
Paper application forms and guidance notes can be downloaded from the downloadable documents section on this page.
The guidance notes provide information on the Scheme for potential applicants and cover the types of business eligible for support, the range of improvements for which financial assistance is available and the rates of grant applying. Advice is also provided on the application and claim processes.
Thie Slieau Whallian
+44 1624 685844