In order to complete Agricultural Development Scheme application forms, you will require field numbers and acreages.
These can be accessed at: www.gov.im/maps
- Either search for a nearby postcode or farm name and, if more than one result is returned, click on the one you need to zoom the map to that location, or
- Alternatively, if you do not know an address or there is not one nearby, zoom and/or drag the map to the approximate area you are interested in and then drag the blue pin onto the map to set your location;
- Click 'Field Boundaries' on the list of available searches under ‘Local Information’ (you may need to scroll down to see this);
- This will return a list of all fields within 500m of the location you set, ordered by distance from that location;
- Then either
- a. Click the tiny globe icon above the list to zoom the map to view all fields returned
- b. Click an individual field in the list to zoom the map to that location and highlight the relevant field in turquoise
- c. Click on a field on the map to display a popup containing the field number, acreage and category
- If you need to view fields more than 500m away from the first location, you can conduct further searches by dragging the blue pin closer to the field(s) you are interested in and clicking the field boundaries search to return a further selection.
There are also more general instructions for using the maps. This can be accessed via the ‘Help’ button on gov.im.
If you require printed maps – these can be purchased from the Mapping Division at:
Isle of Man
+44 1624 685844