In order to complete Agricultural Development Scheme application forms, you will require field numbers and acreages.
These can be accessed at: www.gov.im/maps
If you DO NOT KNOW THE FIELD NUMBER, follow these steps:
- Scroll down the page to find 'Island Environment', click on this option and a new tab will open on the web browser showing a map of the island.
- On the left of your screen there will be a box entitled; 'Layer List'.
- Click on the button at the top right of the white part of the box. It should look like three horizontal lines with a tick in the middle. This will display some options. Click on, 'Turn all layers off'.
- Find 'Field Gazatteer' on the ‘Layer List’ and click on the check box so that it turns blue with a white tick in the centre.
- You are now able to use the map to locate fields by using either of the following methods:
- Enter your farm's postcode, address, or any nearby address into the map's search bar and you will be taken to that location. You can now use your mouse to move around the map and find the exact field you are looking for.
- Use your mouse and the map navigation tools such as the zoom in/out buttons to locate your field manually.
If you KNOW THE FIELD NUMBER and would like to find out the total acreages, enter the number in the map’s search bar and you will be taken to the field’s location.
There are also more general instructions for using the maps. This can be accessed via the ‘Help’ button on gov.im.
If you require printed maps – these can be purchased from the Mapping Division at:
Isle of Man
If you require further information on the Agricultural Development Scheme, please see the links on the left.
Thie Slieau Whallian
+44 1624 695742