Order copy certificates
The registration of births and deaths became compulsory in the Isle of Man in 1878; prior to this date they will usually be baptismal or burial records. The registration of marriages became compulsory from 1884, prior to this date there may be a marriage record. We also hold records of civil partnerships registered since 2011.
To purchase certified copies of births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships registered in the Isle of Man click on the ‘Apply now’ button below and once produced they will be posted out to you (the Applicant). We aim to process all applications within 3 working days of receipt.
Note: We do not hold records of life events that did not take place on the Isle of Man. Please choose a link below to order certified copy certificates from the relevant jurisdiction:
- England and Wales General Register Office
- National Records of Scotland
- niDirect Government Services (Northern Ireland)
|Short birth certificate (excludes parental details)||£8.50|
|Long birth certificate (includes parental details)||£11|
|Death/marriage/civil partnership certificate||£11|
|Search made by Registry staff in respect of records from 1980 to date||£5.50|
|Search made by Registry staff in respect of records prior to 1980, for every period of 5 years or part thereof||£27|
The following payment methods are accepted:
- Online applications: Debit or credit card, and then it will be posted to you.
- Postal applications: Cheque, postal order, banker's draft or GBP international money order made payable to 'Isle of Man Government'. Please do not send cash or blank cheques.
- In person: You are able to collect certificates in person. However you must purchase online first and then call +44 1624 687039 to arrange a collection date and time.
Please allow up to 3 working days for us to process your request.
The Registries Building
Isle of Man
+44 1624 687039
The Civil Registry does not offer refunds for certificate requests that do not meet the criteria for records held. The reason for this is that the payment will be used to cover search and administration costs. Please make sure that the Civil Registry holds the records before ordering any certified copies of entries.
The Civil Registry does not offer a genealogy service. Indepth information on Manx genealogy can be obtained from the Manx Museum.