Order copy certificates
Certified copy certificates of births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships registered on the Isle of Man can be obtained from the Civil Registry. Statutory records held relate solely to births, deaths and marriages registered since 1606, and civil partnerships registered since 2011.
We aim to process all applications within 1 working day of receipt.
|Short birth certificate (excludes parental details)||£8.50|
|Long birth certificate (includes parental details)||£11.00|
|Death/marriage/civil partnership certificate||£11.00|
|Search made by Registry staff in respect of records from 1980 to date||£5.50|
|Search made by Registry staff in respect of records prior to 1980, for every period of 5 years or part thereof||£27.00|
The following payment methods are accepted:
- Online applications: Debit or credit card.
- Postal applications: Cheque, postal order, banker's draft or GBP international money order made payable to 'Isle of Man Government'. Please do not send cash or blank cheques.
- In person: Cash, cheque, debit or credit card
If you require a certified copy certificate for an event which did not take place on the Isle of Man, please click on the link below to the relevant jurisdiction:-
- England and Wales General Register Office
- National Records of Scotland
- niDirect Government Services (Northern Ireland)
The Registries Building
Isle of Man
+44 1624 687039
The Civil Registry does not offer a genealogy service. Indepth information on Manx genealogy can be obtained from the Manx Museum.